New KOTR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the new knights of the round RP forum. Here we will begin writing the tale of the knights of the round.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rules so far

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Rules so far Empty
PostSubject: The Rules so far   The Rules so far I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:13 pm

1.) The #1 rule to RP is that you cannot directly control the actions of another person's MAIN character. Lets say a scene has occured where my character and Ryde ended up in an inn searching for a talented assassin girl. Well to make the scene work i had to create a bartender. Hawk(controling Ryde) and myself (controling random character i am naming Jose) begin a conversation with the third party character.

Ryde can control both what the bartender says and does, but he cannot manipulate what Jose does.

Example: "Ryde asked the bartender 'I am looking for the faceless shadow, how can i find her?' as Ryde asked the bartender he could see an altered expression on Jose's face as his mexican friend tilted his sombrero in dissaproval. The bartender lowered his voice and with a hint of fear he said 'it is not wise to be asking about that subject around here.'"

There Ryde took direct control of Jose, who is my main for the scene, thus the whole post is null and would be removed by admin. (Hawk would not do this though, as he know the rules)

What he should have done was: "Ryde asked the bartender 'I am looking for the faceless shadow, how can i find her?' From what Ryde knew of Jose, he would not approve of such a direct method of finding a figure like the faceless shadow. The bartender lowered his voice and with a hint of fear he said 'it is not wise to ask bout that subject around here.'"

2.) There must be a sort of organized posting order in which each person gets to influence the story.

3.)When in a fight where a main fights a main, in order to land a killing blow one must land 6 confirmed hits. When i say hits i mean like you cut your opponents abdomen in the side. This counts as 1 hit, you need 5 more before you can fully slay your opponent.

4.) If your main character dies, I.E. is killed by another character or you allowed yourself to be killed by one of our many antagonists, then you are dead. You need to find a way to come back to life, or you need to come up with a new main and find your way back into the story.
Back to top Go down
https://newkotr.rpg-board.net
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

The Rules so far Empty
PostSubject: Alsoooooooooo   The Rules so far I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:51 pm

There is an order to posting also, say me Joe and Richard post, in that order, it stays like that, CJR, CJR, until someone else joins in, and then there is a new order.
Back to top Go down
RokkuNaito

RokkuNaito

The Rules so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rules so far   The Rules so far I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:50 pm

Now what if an NPC enters the party ex. a hireling not under one particular individual, rather someone who goes along with the party-can any person control that NPC as a universal player of sorts?
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

The Rules so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rules so far   The Rules so far I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:32 pm

i suppose so, never really had that kind of thing happen for too long. Are you asking about Alexia?
Back to top Go down
RokkuNaito

RokkuNaito

The Rules so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rules so far   The Rules so far I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:37 pm

No just for possible future plot material; We'll make it a point to specify if it's TPC (Third party character)
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

The Rules so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rules so far   The Rules so far I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:26 am

The acronym EOK stand for Extent of Knowledge and reprents what your character knows based on his experiences
Back to top Go down
RokkuNaito

RokkuNaito

The Rules so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rules so far   The Rules so far I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Agreed initiative; when all characters are set on one goal and or about to do one similiar action as a whole, one can write without directly "controlling" the other main characters to advance the story

Ex.- Rydelus speaks of wishing to visit a castle; Lion shows the same intent as well as Lysander- therefore one's post can move the three to a castle due to the agreed initiative.

Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

The Rules so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rules so far   The Rules so far I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:31 pm

I suppose. As far as details and what another character is thinking its up to the player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Rules so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rules so far   The Rules so far I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rules so far
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New KOTR :: In Character Role PLaying :: Rules and Regs-
Jump to: