New KOTR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the new knights of the round RP forum. Here we will begin writing the tale of the knights of the round.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

KOTR EP. 1

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Choco
Admin
Choco

KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Daeden despised the dwarf now. Taunting him into a fight, but Daeden was powerless to make a move. He could only make threats. Daeden had an affinity to mortal essences; he could "taste" their very soul. It was his favorite past time to indulge in the essence of another being, consuming it like a delicacy. This dwarf was bitter tasting, like rotten grapes and goat poop.

"Your insults are empty tiny one. If not bound by Esker's chains you would not last last long in a fight against me. You should thank him for allowing you to live your pathetic mortal life." Daeden lowered his stance to be closer to the dwarf. "I have never actually spoken to a dwarf, only laughed as I ripped them limb from limb. I have always wanted to know what it is like to have to look up to everyone you speak to. So tell me, what is it like to be looked down upon by the world? It must be so demeaning."

Esker listened to Daeden speak to the dwarf. Daeden always enjoyed confrontation. He loved feeling anger and sparking it in others. It was like a game for him. Even when his words were bested he would continue to taunt, in hopes that the other player would go into a rage and attack him. Esker let it go on. Often it would give him a good laugh.

OOC: try to stay in character. Just because you know what Daeden is thinking doesnt mean Lion does. What I mean is; would Daeden's words spark anger in Lion? He did jump into a fight earlier when Esker taunted him.
Back to top Go down
Sovietcake

Sovietcake

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:20 pm

"the bigger they are the harder they fall, remember those words as Pain cracks into your chest demon, but our ordeal will have to wait another day big boy" Lion loved the fact that he made the demon angry but knew that he would not be able to fight him now since his leg was already injured. "How far until we get to this village?' Lion asked Ryde as he grabbed his leg in pain.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:19 pm

"Not far" Answered Rydelus, as he shuffled down the road. He ignored the squabble between Lion and the Demon, the banter between the two actually was amusing, it livened up the mood. Rydelus saw the entrance to the village a couple hundred yards away, and the familiar sight made his heart quicken. It had been awhile since he visited his village of Brackish, he missed the people, the atmosphere, and most of all the food. Ryde's stomach had just rumbled hungrily. He was famished, and he knew where he could get the best food in the village.

Farmer Galus.

(ooc: The farmer Esker and Deadan interrogated in the beginning)
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Daeden reared back and let out a loud chuckle. "That hammer of yours has a name?" Daeden said as he snatched the hammer from the dwarf. He held it high over his head and inspected it. "I've seen better craftsmanship from a one armed imp." Daeden then licked the hammer, slowly running his tongue along the blunt end of it. "It is enchanted." He said "Mediocre at best I would say. How do you expect to make me fall with such a pathetic weapon? Perhaps you could add spikes to your armor so when I crush you my feet might bleed." The demon then tossed the hammer behind him, laughing once more as it hit the dirt behind them.

Esker thought that Daeden had perhaps gone too far, but had no intention of stopping the demon in his taunts. He was more concerned with how the village would react to him and Daeden returning and asking for a place to stay and food to eat. Esker could see the village off in the distance. It was hardly visible since the sun had set shortly after their battle.

Esker paused for a moment before turning to Rydelus.

"General" he said reluctantly "I passed through this village not long before we met." Esker had a stern look on his face. "I may have interrogated a few of the villagers to find your location. I do not think they will take kindly to my return."
Back to top Go down
Sovietcake

Sovietcake

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:06 am

Lion scrambled to grab Pain before it hit the ground. "i dont care if you raped and pillaged the whole town aslong as they'll still serve me a cold one, which if you remember you owe one zealot." Lion licked his lips just thinking about a nice cold brew in his mouth and a nice pipe in his hand. Lion fell down on one knee as his leg soared in pain and bled more. He got back up and said "hold that thought, can i get this healed before that please?"
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:29 am

Rydelus felt he was taking care of children. After Esker had said he had already passed through his village and interrogated the towns people, Ryde stopped in his tracks, angerily turning his body on the spot to face the zealot,

"I swear Zealot that if you harmed anyone in my village, we would be finishing our fight right here," Rydelus spat, this man was not doing a great job if he wanted to gain Ryde's trust. Rydelus was in thought for a moment before he spoke again. He could not let this man and the demon cause further terror to the village. He had an idea.

"Esker, I will not allow you in my village again, we will set up camp here for the night, I will heal your wounds, your demons, and lions, then I will gather dinner and provisions from the village. If you are still here when I return, we will talk." Rydelus spoke with strength and power, similar to when he would order his troops.

Rydelus would not be swayed by his decision, he would not subject his village to more terror and horror from the duo in front of him. With a quick stride he bent down before the trembling dwarf, he was fighting to stay on two legs. Ryde gathered magic from his body, forcing it to his hands. His hands started to glow a soft hue of white, as magic crackled like lightning around his fists. Ryde forced his palm to the dwarf's leg injury. The white hue around Ryde's hands shifted towards the dwarfs legs, enveloping the cut skin. The wound was small but deep. The magic was not instant, but knew it would heal fast over the next hour. His magic would close the wound and make it feel like nothing happened.

Rydelus stood up from his task, slightly dazed, he usually never used his spells this much before. He palmed his head, forcing the dizziness away. Ryde's mission to bring Archer to his knees and the throne back to the rightful hand had just taken an unpredicted turn.

Rydelus was certain he would need all the help he can get.

Last edited by Gilgamesh on Thu May 12, 2011 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:47 pm

Esker took a step back from Rydelus. "I assure you that no physical harm has come to the villagers."

Esker was never one to dwell heavily on regret. He thought of it as a weaker emotional response, but failure was something that hit Esker hard. He was not doing well at gaining Rydelus' trust. He just had to be careful.

"Ok sir, we will await your return, do hurry back though. We have much to discuss, and again I apologize for my actions. I am not used to people and have always dealt with others in a hostile manner. It is the way of my people and all I know." Taking orders like this was something Esker had always hated and it reminded him of when he was an Acolyte and the Zealots would order him around like he was child. As he did in his acolyte days, swallowing his pride and letting his emotions roll off his shoulder, he would do the same now. He had to establish some sort of sincerity, which was very odd for Esker. In the swamp from which he came, it was a place where everything was out for itself. Trust was something Esker was not accustomed to, for in the swamp you fight first, and then you ask questions, if any are needed.

Daeden Laughed as the dwarf fell, he could tell the dwarf had enough of his game and would ikely ignore Daeden, as most mortals did.

Esker watched Rydelus heal the dwarfs’ wounds with his white magic. He could see that the spell took a lot out of the old man, and would leave him weak. Esker never invested in white magic. It was very straining to do, especially for one who has embraced demonic black magic like Esker had.

Esker once again found himself alone. Daeden was company, but not one that was welcomed, only one that was necessary. He would have to pitch a tent and start a fire. He wasn't sure if Rydelus was going to return with food, but he had hoped he would. Esker could always send Daeden for a hunt, but he prefered to have his demon at his side.
Back to top Go down
Sovietcake

Sovietcake

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Lion waited for Ryde to leave before he made his move, Lion had a thirst that was killing him! He snuck into town as best a dwarf in full armor could and headed for the first tap he could find. He didnt have much coin at all, but if there was one thing he was good at it was drinking for sport. The dense air reeked of ale, smoke, and puke; something he had come to enjoy. He walked over to the closest drunk he could engaged in conversation with him "you look like a man who can drink alot of beer." Lion snuffed. "Names Henry, and you look like a dwarf whos thirsty" said the man who's tall large body stood over Lion like a wall, but he wasn't intimidated as the man looked pugey and to be honest, Lion didnt care if he was bigger, unless in the extreme of Daedens case. "aye, whatcha say then man, we'll each get a keg, last one to finish or pass out has to pay for em both?" Lion grinned as the man shook his head in acceptance. Lion mouth burst into happiness as the cold ale filled it. It wasnt the best brew he had come by, but not the worst either. He chugged on and on not stopping once to see how the other man was doing only focusing on consuming more of the ale then him until the very last drop poured into his mouth. "AHA!!!!" he exclaimed in a happy shout. The other man on the other hand didnt look that happy as he was blood red in anger. "ohhh boy" he thought to himself as the mans first flew into his face. "you cheat!" the man blubbered as he came in for another swing. Lion was quick to block this as he grabbed his stone mug and gently placed it upon the head of the drunk. He laughed walking out of the bar with another ale in hand and pipe in mouth. "now, where was i?" he smiled
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:56 am

Rydelus had entered the village in a rush, he hardly had time to register the event that was happening right before his eyes. The village was celebrating its fall harvest, a huge get together of the surrounding villages to show off wares and foods and live stock. This was one of the busiest weeks of the year for Brackish. for Brackish was usually the center village located between the other towns. Rydelus tried to slither through the town unnoticed, but it was impossible, as most of villagers converged on him, handing him strong smelling dried meats, and sticky sweet smelling sweets, and giving him words of endearment for his current situation. the town was not happy with the throne takeover, giving loyalty in public, and revolt in private. The village would surely help Ryde with any situation. Ryde laughed happily as he surged among the crowd, receiving hugs and kisses from the people. Ryde was looking for someone, and so far he could not locate the farmer Galus. Galus always had one of the grandest stands at the festival, usually marketing his huge and healthy livestock.

Rydelus finally made it Galus' house, a huge mansion located near the eastern side of the village. The beautiful redwood house stood defiantly, as if provoking the viewer. Before Ryde even reached the the door, he was greeted with 3 tiny scrambling kids roaring at him. "RYDE!!!" They screamed as they lunged at Ryde, hugging his legs, making Ryde walk as if he was treading through shallow water. Galus and his wife, Alica, stood in the doorway. Alica looked to be with child again as her stomach bulged out from her body, giving the petite woman an awkward shape. Galus walked towards Ryde to embrace his old friend. But Ryde instantly felt as if Galus was uneasy, his eyes shifted constantly as he got close to Ryde. Usually his friend was very confident and carried himself in a prideful manner. All of it seemed wiped away when Galus embraced Ryde. Ryde was genuinely concerned for his friend, and was about to ask him about it, when he remembered he was pressed for time, he did not want to leave Esker waiting, there was no telling what the impatient lad would do.

Ryde looked into his friends eyes,
"Galus, you look good friend" Rydelus lied, "I wish i could stay, but i have a favor to ask of you friend."

Galus smiled a toothy grin and replied back instantly,
"Anything for you Rydelus, you dont even have to ask" Galus finished as he leaned to the side and spat on the ground near his feet.

"Whattya need?"

Rydelus returned to the campsite and saw that a fire was already burning, and a lone tent was up. Rydelus carried a leash attached to a small pig that Galus had given him to eat. Ryde shifted his left arm and slid the sleeping provisions off his back. Things were set now. Food and Shelter, he thought to himself as he killed the pig with a swift slice from Arkosa, taking the head off the pig easily. He then put the pig on the spit he made and began roasting the small pig. Ryde stretched up and looked at his surroundings, finally looking to Esker...

"Wheres the Dwarf?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:57 pm

The fire was lit and the tent went up with ease. For a moment it felt like being in the swamp again, except in the swamp Esker was alone and had to do guard shifts with Daeden so they would not be jumped by some giant beast lurking in the shadows. Esker could smell the pig as it roasted on the spit. It smelled fantastic. Swamp boars never smelled like this, and Esker's mouth could only water as he imagined the taste.

Esker told Daeden to remain unseen by the villagers. He did not want to cause any kind of unrest so Daeden found a large tree, climbed onto a strong branch and proceeded to sleep like a baby. While Rydelus went into the village Esker had mended Daeden's wounds. Demons always healed quickly when a little black magic was channeled through them. Daeden would be good as new as soon as he awoke.

"Wheres the dwarf?" Rydelus asked.

Esker looked around for a moment, a blank look on his face "I thought he was with you."
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 1:17 pm

OOC: ok, Dyllan is taking forever to post. Its partially my fault, but partially his. So I say we have a conversation concerning how Esker will assist Ryde while Lion is off causing a drunken ruckus in town. After our conversation we can go stop the crazy drunken dwarf.

So if you agree, my fellow admin, then POST!
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Rydelus looked to Esker. His words were the truth. Esker had no idea where the Dwarf was. Ryde paused for a moment, and then shrugged.
"Im sure he can handle himself," Ryde thought.

Ryde sat across Esker, the flames of the spit licked the air between them. Ryde's ribs and arms were still broken and bruised, but Ryde ignored the pain, there was something more important right in front of him.

"Ok Esker, lets talk..."
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Esker thought for a moment, as he did often. He had to plan out his words so as to not offend Rydelus any further.

"Well," Esker began. "As you seem to know, I am a Zealot." Esker paused, an inquisitive look on his face. "Curious, how do you know of my order? To my understanding my people are a privileged secret among the rest of the world."
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:38 pm

"You are right Esker, I only came into knowledge of the Zealots around five years ago, when they tried to assassinate me and my generals. Sad to say two of my treasured friends died. The zealots are very hard to take down, having incapacitated them only because we had greater numbers. I know only they come from the swamps, and that they are a incredible force to be reckoned with. You have no idea how many sleepless days I've had because of them."

" that was why Esker, for my sudden anger and agression towards you when we first met, I never knew that one of their own would be so civil, so to speak."

Ryde was anxious to hear what Esker had to say. Ryde was always intrigued by what he did not know, striving for knowledge and understanding.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Esker smiled, genuinely for the first time in a long time. 'Civil' he laughed a little inside. Esker never thought of the Zealots as such. For as long as Esker could remember the Zealots and their society were no different than the horrors of the Mak'shana swamp.

"This is true. Zealots are deadly, we are raised to be this way. The lives that we are forced to live and the trials we must endure are specifically designed to strip of us of our humanity and turn us into mindless slaves. If not for my brother, I would be mindless like the rest of them."

Esker looked down at the ground, shamed a little by what he was. True it gave him power, but it was not a choice he made himself.

"We come from a castle that floats high over the Mak'shana swamp. It is hidden by a demonic mist that is naturally emitted from the swamp itself. There, the leader of the Zealots of Alter, the 'Arbiter' runs a brutal society in which the weak truly perish and the strong feed on their despair. It is a horrible way to live. They get their initiates, or 'adepts', by sending squads of Zealots to steal children from throughout the world at a very young age and bring them back to the castle.

"Of the children taken from their homes, only about 10% of them live to become Zealots. The Arbiter himself chooses who becomes a Zealot, and once they do so they are already brain washed. He then gives them assignments. It is unknown to me where the assignments come from, but they are never for the good of the world.

"My first assignment was to kill you." Esker paused for a moment "Unlike other Zealots who would have unquestionably sought you out and murdered you in your sleep, I decided to learn about my target.

"I still do not know why anyone would want the famous general Rydelus Archaic dead, but once i learned who you were I figured you could be of help to me."

Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Rydelus took all this infomation in, it was a lot to swallow. He turned the pig, letting it roast just a bit longer.

"Ahh there's the kicker!" Ryde exclamed. He had a hunch that Esker needed his help.

"You do know I have been unsurped of all my power and commander duties. I am just a citizen of Silica now."

"If I were to help you Esker, first you must help me."
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:09 pm

This came as surprise to Esker. If Rydelus had no influence he was useless. He looked at Rydelus with a heavy look of dissapointment. "So you no longer command troops. And any and all influence you may have is gone. Then what use are you to me? And why would i aid someone who is now useless."

Esker pondered for a short second. If Rydelus was no more why would someone want him killed. It was hard to piece together, perhaps Rydelus would reveal this.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:32 pm

Rydelus could instanly see that Esker's eyes had lost the spark that was there a second ago. He had to get this zealot on his side, he would be invaluble to his cause.

"Just because I have lost my powers and duties, does not mean Zealot, that I have lost my influence and my wartime relationships, I may not look like it Esker, but I know many, many important people that would help me in a heart beat. Now I don't know if you know what happened to the Arkose empire, but it was taken over by an dispicalble man. And I plan to take the throne back. Ill have to create a new army along the way."

Ryde was hopeful that he had won over the zealot. He needed all the help he can get.

" I assure you Esker, that is the reason why someone would want me dead. "
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Esker suddenly gained a newfound respect for the old general. He had not thought of that, since in his lifetime he never really had anykind of influence in the world. For as long as Esker could remember he was alone. He had to survive and live without the aid of anyone.

"So" Esker's smile returned, it was invigorating to hear of Rydelus' plans. The two were very much alike. They both hunted to topple an empire and get the vengeance they deserved. "The plan is to take down the Arkose, restore your glory and raise an army in the process?

"I will help you, but when you have your throne you must promise me that we will march into that cursed swamp and destroy every trace of the Arbiter's cult."
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 10:27 pm

Rydelus could only smile,
"My Glory is long gone Esker."

Ryde picked up the roasted pig from the flames, letting it cool.

"Sharing food in our village is a huge deal to our people. It symbolizes strength, one is able to make their own food, and Honor, that it is being shared between a friend or loved one." Ryde said has he pulled a small knife from his boot, grasping it in his hand, cut of a small hunk of ham and handed it to Esker.

"Esker, this may seem humorous to you, but know i am being absolutely serious. This meat symbolizes a pact between us."

"Esker, Will you join me, in my fight?" Ryde said as he took a long bite out of his ham.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 11:20 pm

Esker looked at the pork before him. It did semll delicious, but it was the least harmful ritual he had ever heard of. No blood involved, no sacrifice, and nothing dying. It was rather humerus to him, and a bit hard to take seriously.
Esker pointed to the pork "Thats pig meat."

Rydelus had not said exactly that he would help Esker, so Esker looked at him frustrated.

"Then promise me the Arbiter will die and i will eat your pig."
Back to top Go down
Sovietcake

Sovietcake

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Lion stumbled back into the encampment drunk. Lion smelled something yummy in the air, he sniffed the air and thought to himself "mmm, meat." He readjusted the keg of ale he had slung over his shoulder that he had 'obtained' from the back of another bar. "So boys, anyone up for a pint?," Lion said as he dropped the keg. He looked at Ryde holding a bit of pork in his hand, "for me? how kind" Lion grabbed the meat out of his hand and dug in as he sat down on the keg. "So lady's whats on your mind?" Lion finished the last bit of the meat and passed out 3 stone mugs filled with ale between them.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:56 am

Rydelus completly ignored the obnoxious drunken dwarf. He was nuisnece at the moment.

The quizzical look that Esker was giving the meat was understandable. When he was young he was just in disbelief about how important food is. Foood is very important. It can run an army, or can destroy it. Rydelus has ended many a war by depriving the opponents with food.

"Esker, I've united lands with Pig meat before." Ryde grinned as he pulled another piece of meat for Esker.

"On my life, When we complete my quest, we will take down this Arbiter..."
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:13 pm

"On your life then. I am at your service." Esker laughed within himself. 'On my life he had said.' he had no idea how serious Esker would take this. To put ones life on the line with a Zealot was foolish, but Rydelus would not have made it this far in his life on foolishness.

"I must warn you Rydelus Archaic, now that i have failed in my task, we will be hunted by Zealots of all types. They will not come in large numbers, but their assaults will be relentless. So just be prepared." He said, knowing full well that it would only be a matter of days before the Zealots sought to finish what they had been assigned.

He turned to the obnoxious dwarf, starring down the mug he had in his hand. It reaked of something similar to wrotting flesh, he dared not drink it. "Dwarf, what is your name? We will be traveling together now and unless you want me to call you short stuff, I would like to know what to call you."
Back to top Go down
Sovietcake

Sovietcake

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 11:55 pm

"My name, my name is Charles the lionhearted, but please just call me Lion. Are you gunna drink that by the way? We have a whole keg of it to go." Lion said. "So it seems we have a little group going on, where might we be going?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 1   KOTR EP. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KOTR EP. 1
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next