New KOTR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the new knights of the round RP forum. Here we will begin writing the tale of the knights of the round.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

KOTR EP. 2

Go down 
+3
RokkuNaito
Choco
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Aquamatt

KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:04 pm

He tilted his head to the right a little as he heard Wilhelm ask him for the favor, then with a wink he reached back into his pack and pulled out his mandolin once more today. The show must go on! Not to mention he would get himself out of this god forsaken crazy ass city. He spoke to Wilhelm as he walked to the front with the guard, also dodging vegetables being thrown at them both now. “What is your name Guard?” Colin asked the man. “Wilhelm” The man replied. “Please you have to calm them down, we were told not to let anyone though the gate. Rydlus the ex-knight and his band are slaying people and trying to get away from the guard, we must hold this gate, and let no one past.”
As Colin heard the man speak, he thought to himself…this does not sound like the Rydelus I have heard of? Obviously the guard was thinking the same thing, but he was following orders, and Colin would have to guess even Rydelus wouldn’t be mad at the guard for doing that. So he walked to the front of the crowd where the gate was, and started strumming his weapon of choice.
For some strange reason the guards decide to sing back up harmonies from him, he smiles as he knows the spell is working. Yes he can cast spells, though not the same ways wizards can. He can’t teleport or anything like that, or throw a fireball, but he does have the power of persuasion, and he can do a wicked scream.

(If you listen to Beautiful Thieves by AFI the words should go with it…somewhat)

“My dears there is no danger, don’t be so mad right now
You will get out the gate soon….ohhh…..
You should stop throwing veggies and calmly sit down.
I will tell you a story, which will have you so enthralled now…ahhhhhh……”

Guards: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…..

If you sit right down, and listen to me know, no one will care at all…
Guards: Ahhhhhhhh…..

Just sit down and look at the trees, as you drift off to sleep…no one will care at all, no one will care at all.

Colin smiled as he saw the crowd doing as he had asked, even the guards had sat down and were singing back up for him, of course they were starting to fall asleep as well. He kept playing his song for he knew the power would only work for so long, but he also knew he must open the front gate, for him to get out, and what the hell even if Ry’s party decided to come out this gate, the would basically be able to walk right out, as long as they weren’t so loud. He casually walked over to the lever which opened it and pulled it, as the doors sung open. Ta Da!!! He kept strumming as he casually walked outside the gate and smiled as he saw there were only two guards on the outside and they had been listening to his song, so they had fallen asleep on their post.

He kept playing and wondered if he would see this so called band of murdering villains, which he knew must not be true, from all the stories he had heard of Rydelus he had never heard of him being a murderer and he had heard all of the stories. He looked to the left and saw a couple of horses tied up and smiled as he turned back to see if they were still asleep. Like a bunch of little babies, how sweet…he could rob them all right now. But he was not that type of person, only kill, steal, and sing when you must…lucky for him, he always had to sing.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:31 pm

Rydelus turned his head behind him to the sudden commotion. Ryde was shocked, it was the stella nymph from the shop earlier today. Ryde hurriedly motioned him over, speaking to the foreign elf,

"Nymph, i cant thank you right now, but follow the others over the wall."

Before Rydelus even finished his sentenced, the Nymph eyed him eagerly and then easily leaped over Brynn who was still on the cusp of the stone wall.
Movement behind Ryde alerted his attention, it was a lone guard, racing down the alley,short sword in hand.

"Esker, leave this to me and get up that wall!" Ryde said.

The guard was fast, fast enough so that Ryde had no time to put up a defensive stance, instead instinct filled Ryde's body, white healing energy gathered around Ryde. Ryde sent the healing energy to his left hand. White energy crackled around his palm.

The guard met Ryde with an animal ferocity, the man swung wildly, having no true style and skill to the blade. Ryde easily blocked and parried most attacks with Arkosa. But the guard caught Ryde off guard, instead of going for a chest kill, the Guard lunged his sword at Ryde's head. Ryde blocked with his left hand. The sword sank deep into Ryde's palm, the short blade was halfway in Ryde's hand. The guard stood stupefied as Ryde sank Arkosa in the Stomach of the guard, deep enough to sever his spinal cord.
The guard let go of sword, and crumpled under his feet, the man was bleeding bad, but you can live a long time with a stomach wound. Also the man would never fight again. Ryde swiftly pulled the blade from his palm as the white energy started to heal his wound, his hand had nearly been cut in half.

Ryde cleaned his sword on the guards tunic as he whispered to the soldiers ear,

"Know this young man, even though it doesnt look it, you will survive from your wounds, but the real reason im talking to you, is I want you to send a message to your King." Ryde's face was serious and filled with rage.

"Tell him, He Should Have Never, Made Me His Enemy!"

(ooc yes the stomach thing was a reservoir dog reference, and i asked richard for initiative on his char.)
Back to top Go down
JOLE
Admin
JOLE

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 7:00 pm

OOC: first let me say I haven't finished reading but I wanted to interrupt. I am sort Matt if u felt I was telling you to delete and repost I was simply suggesting that based off of the events that occured in everyone doses posts it would have been impossible for colin to be right where we were. I never meant for u to delete ur older posts. I agree that you are a great poster I think your character is great so idk where admin got.the idea where I didn't like it. I was attempting to suggest that we meet up with you a few more posts from now. I am truly sorry if I offended anyone, that was not m intention. Nor was causin anyone to repost. I have had to go back and change things myself. These things are going to happen because sometimes it is difficult to keep up with setting when multiple peoe are posting. Once again sorry for causing any strife within the forum and happy posting.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 7:27 pm

"Esker, leave this to me and get up that wall!" Ryde said as a lone guard stormed down the alley.

"Probably better this way" Esker said jokingly, he knew Ryde most likely did not want any more men to die in their escape.

He turned to face the wall. The thing was very tall and menacing looking. Esker never was the athletic type and his body reflected it. He was skinny and pale. He had little muscle and was not a strong jumper. It annoyed him to have to receive help from the elf girl. She held a hand out to him reaching to aid him. Her face looked as though she was a bit annoyed she had to help Esker also. Despite this her face was still smooth and beautiful. Her features were subtle, yet they were elegant and flawlessly flowed with her mesmerizing jade eyes. The women back in Alter castle were not nearly as beautiful as this elf woman. Her figure was also gorgeous; it was well toned and yet highlighted her feminine features in a way that would have any suitor starring. Esker couldn't help but steal a glance at the woman's bust, which was openly displayed by her choice of attire. He made plenty sure not stare to long and just grab her hand, which was soft to the touch, but with a grip as firm as Daeden's had ever been.

In an instant he was hoisted over the wall in a tall arc and landed directly next to the dark skinned elf man. The impact was not forgiving, and most certainly was not graceful, as Esker slightly stumbled before the tall elf man, who no doubtedly after his display of superior athletic ability, landed like a cat from a swamp tree. Esker quickly recovered and tried to play off his landing as though he meant to stumble, but he, himself would be able to see through his weak deception, so no doubtedly the dark skinned elf would. This man, like the elf woman, was also in exceptional shape. This man's muscle's were large, and complimented his height. His eyes were a shining [insert actual eye color here] and showed no signs of hate, malice or distrust. Could this man be yet another friend of Ryde's? Or was he the elf girl's friend?

"So" He said, still trying to play off his landing "Are you a friend of Ryde's or what?" He said as he looked up to the elf man, his solid black eyes starring him down as though interrogating the elf.
Back to top Go down
JOLE
Admin
JOLE

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 7:55 pm

The sorcerers hand was very dry to the touch, his pale complexion was revealed from under his black cloak as he grabbed hold of Brynns'. She helped him over the wall with ease, and turned to watch her friend, as he had already finished the guard and was moving in her direction. His hood was now resting at his back and she could finally see his face. He had most definately aged from the last time she saw him, and it almost sent a chill at her spine. He looked wiser, and a little rougher around the edges, but he was still Ryde: a good hearted and honorable man.

He did not need help over the wall, and once the pair joined their companions on the other side, they continued forward. They were not far from the exit, and the stone wall hat lined the city would not be easily escapable. Brynn quickly considered their postition and before she entered the main street, she paused and turned to face her followers. "Look, there are many holes in the city's wall, but none are near here. We have to choice but to escape through that gate over there." Brynn pointed to a large gate, surrounded by people. "The four of us will be able to fight through, it will just require much team work..." Brynn then looked to Ryde, she was no leader.
Back to top Go down
RokkuNaito

RokkuNaito

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:23 pm

"Nymph, i cant thank you right now, but follow the others over the wall" Rydelus instructed Lysander. He quickly complied and vaulted over the wall where an elven woman was helping a cloaked man over the wall. Landing and turning around, he saw the female elf. Her fine long silver hair hung down her back and her eyes subtle yet bearing an underlying ferocity, her features were supple and feminine, yet toned from work; Lysander knew she clearly must've trained hard in dexterous practices to achieve such a build, which was something Lysander respected. The elven woman hoisted up the man in the cloak and he landed clumsily next to Lysander. The man seemed frail with his slim build, his skin was white and he had dark black eyes; unlike the elven woman, he seemed ill-versed in anything requiring challenging physical technique. The man stumbled for a second before catching his footing. "So..." he said, still trying to play off his landing. "Are you a friend of Ryde's or what?" Lysander chuckled a bit as he saw through his fast boldness and awkward landing and heard more guards on the other side of the wall. Lysander quickly and coolly replied, "We'll talk later when guards aren't out for our lives." Lysander waited back near the wall for the other two to make it and assist if needed; he was ready to help the others fight their way out, come who or whatever may.
Back to top Go down
Aquamatt

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:39 pm

He stood outside the gate with it opened and everyone in the area, still dozing off, to his song, he smiled as he saw the party enter out of the alleyway and look for a place to run. He was down the road a bit, so they did look small, but he could hear the guards surrounding them, and shouting that they had better stop. Lucky the guards next to him by the gate were all asleep, as he kept playing his mandolin. He then yelled, in a nice voice…as if he was singing so not to interrupt his spell over the guards and mob.

“If you would like a WAYYYYYYYYY(metal style scream) out….follow the trail of sleeping people this way….make haste and do not wait for the guards, they come this way.” Strumming he shook his head, as if nodding this way…to the people way down the street.

“My name is Colin the “Daring” and I have a way to save you if you follow me out the gate and to the horses tied to the post….I don’t mean to boast, but should you run, your life will be much more fun and we can live to see another DAYY!!!!!!(scream).”

OOC: If you guys can't hear him, it's all good, just figured he would attempt to get the attention of the party. And show them an easy way out.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Rydelus looked towards the front gate. A peculiar sight entered his eyes. It seemed as if the city people and guards were lying down, but it was too far away to be sure. He looked toward the deadly beautiful elf Brynn, the arrogant yet powerful Zealot Esker, and the newcomer, a strong and agile Stella Nymph. He motioned them to follow him.

"The front gate seems incapacitated at the moment, we will make our escape now!" Roared Ryde.

The wound in his left palm was still healing as Ryde broke into a dead run towards the front gate. He nearly reached the entrance when he started to hear...

"..singing??" Rydelus paused beneath the gate. He looked towards the bard, where the music was obviously coming from.

"Did you do this?" Ryde questioned.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 4:36 pm

It really frustrated Esker whenever he got an answer he wasn't expecting, and it frustrated him even more that he could not hide the frustration on his face.

"We'll talk later when guards aren't out for our lives." The dark skinned man said confidently, with a tone that matched his calm orange eyes.

Esker turned to follow Ryde, who at this point was acting as bold as Esker had ever seen him. The old man was shouting orders and charging the large gate to the left of the back alley. 'He is fucking crazy' Esker thought. Regardless, Esker could not help but follow him, as though some inner force of morale commanded him to trail behind the former general.

As the group worked their way to the gate, which was the obvious choice as they approached, due to the fact that the large crowd of people there all seemed to be in a trance. He could also hear some singing coming from an overly dressed fellow playing some sort of instrument. As he drew closer to the colorfully dressed singer, he could feel himself getting drowsy, as though he wanted to sleep. It was strange that Ryde was so awake when he finally reached the singing man, as it was obvious this was some kind of spell meant to quell people to sleep. Esker could recall one of the Zealots back in Alter that used a similar spell to send his targets into a deep slumber. He hoped that this man's spell only put people to sleep, since what happened to the victims of his fellow Zealot's spell was horrifically painful on an emotional level and inevitably destroyed them from the inside, either driving them into madness or killing them outright (sometimes even convincing them to kill themselves).

Esker attempted to use a defensive spell he had learned back in the castle to keep himself from passing out, but it would not be as effective due to the magical origin of the spell. Esker's counter spell was meant to prevent the effects of a spell using black mana, but this man's spell was of a different alignment; perhaps blue, possibly white, of which he could not tell exactly as it was taking most of his concentration to simply stay awake.

Once Esker finally managed to shamble over to the surprisingly lively Ryde, he reached out and used the old man’s shoulder as an anchor.

"Did you do this?" Ryde said, Esker barely able to make out the words.

Esker could not keep his counter spell up forever. He had to break the singer’s concentration. Ryde did not seem to be hostile towards the man, so Esker felt it unnecessary to kill or harm him. Esker held his hand out, summoning a small amount of red mana through his body. He always loved how red mana felt, it was invigorating and warm, it made the wielder feel invincible and for Esker, for just a moment, he felt a little more awake. Esker took a moment to focus on the man’s sleeve and sure enough a small flame ignited on the colorful cloth. The flame was hardly a threat, just a little something to distract the man from his song, but if he left it unchecked it could easily grow and engulf his entire shirt.

OOC: None of us have verified any kind of magic system, but from what I have been using, and have noticed Ryde using as well is the Magic: The Gathering system of magic. It is a fun magic system that’s easy to understand. I will explain it in more detail in a topic I will open in the world and characters section.
Back to top Go down
JOLE
Admin
JOLE

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Brynns mind was racing from the current events of such an unexpected day. She started this morning simply following her latest hire that would only add to her overflowing wealth. The man Coris's death would have paid sums that had even Brynn contemplating retirement, and now she could see why. That man had a great loyalty to her only mentor, and it would seem that the person who placed the bounty was after anything that could aid Ryde.

She could barely focus, which was not like her, but Ryde was back from the dead and all of a sudden she was involved in some sort of puzzle. She wanted answers, and it was almost frustrating that she was following Ryde again. She had been on her own for so long, she seemed to have forgotten what it was like to travel with company; she didn't need any of them.

As they escaped the shadows and began walking towards the gate, Brynn quickly summed up her new companions. She looked to the sorcerer and remembered his cold touch and pale skin. His magic was that of a devil. She thought him lucky to have such an ability because his fisique was so scrawny and feeble. She also thought him to be clumsy and she snarled under her breath at his fortunate gift. The tall elf man also followed Ryde silently, he was toned and bronzed from the nature of the suns rays. He was obviously not from here, Brynn had notcied his strength in his earlier at battle. If it were left to Brynn, she would have left him there to die at the guards hand, he was a perfect decoy for the other three to escape, but she knew Ryde wouldn't have it.

Whilst these thoughts raced through her mind, she began to feel a little drowsy. The people around them were still, like they were sleeping. It was a strange sight. Even the guards were at rest. She looked toward their destination with heavy eyes, is that man really singing?
Back to top Go down
RokkuNaito

RokkuNaito

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:47 pm

The group made their way towards the gate as a short man was playing a peculiar tune; it strangely had calmed the crowds and put them into a lull. Lysander had read things of musical magic, though it had only described it as having various effects. He slowly began to feel tired, the melody and singing making its way through his ears. The words the man sang were a strong juxtaposition of the melody; the words spoke of escape and making their way through the gate, yet the tune made everyone in range sleepy. Lysander looked at the elven woman; she seemed stricken by the song too, for her poised walk slowed a bit. The cloaked man had a hand on Rydelus, clearly taxed from the song as well. Lysander focused as much as he could from what his father taught him; however, his mental fortitude was breaking down the closer they got to the man. The only option left was to blood rush again; Lysander's eyes went red and his heart started pumping at inhuman levels again. His sensory system was sure to only amplify the tune due to the heightening of his auditory sense, however the sheer energy pumping through him was more than enough to counteract both the tune and heightened hearing. Lysander caught up to Rydelus and both approached the singing man.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:07 pm

OOC: the following is matt's post. He and richard were posting at the same time and Matt literaly submitted his post seconds before richard. I just put them in propper order by moving this after richard's post.

The party came up and once and made it easily through the drowsy and sleeping crowd. Colin smiled as he played his music and saw that it was actually the man, the myth, the legends he had been telling stories about.

“Rydelus the Great, you really do exist…well I’ll be dipped.” He said this in song, because he was still using his skills, as he liked to call them over the people. “Yes I did, it’s a little trick I know..now…If we want to get out of here, I see there are some horses outside the gate tied up, we can hop on them and RIDE!??(Metal Scream)”

Then suddenly out of nowhere a skinny looking little whelp looked at him, held out his hand..and then suddenly his hand was glowing for a second. ‘Oh Shit’ Colin thought to himself, that can’t be good. When suddenly a fire started on the end of his shirt, quickly he stopped his playing and dropped his mandolin and swatted the fire out with his other hand, while also falling on the ground to roll around quickly just to make sure. “Son of a bitch…you little basterd…I was trying to save your life! And this is the thanks I get…”

He jumped up and looked at the kid with glaring eyes, then smiled and winked to the kid, as he picked up his instrument, and slid it into his back pack.

“Ok well…they will be getting up very soon now, that …”Flameboy “over here decided to burn up one of my best shirts. So we should probably get out of here.” He glanced at everyone, and smiled, as he then nodded and spoke out loud. “Yes this party shall be one which brings great tales that shall live through the ages!!”

Being dramatic as he always was he lifted his fist into the air, and shouted..”SHAZAM!” He thought he heard thunder crack in the distance….could it have been? There was a storm out along the horizon, crazy.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://newkotr.rpg-board.net
Aquamatt

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:20 pm

OOC: They don't want to "hope" on the horses....they want to "hop" on them and RIDE!!!! Sorry.
Oh and it would have been "Thunder" crack in the distance....but you get what I mean..my bad. Play on!

Last edited by Aquamatt on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:21 pm

FIXED*
Back to top Go down
https://newkotr.rpg-board.net
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Rydelus' hearing was not what it used to be. He looked around at his group and noticed that most had started to slump their shoulders and their eyes had begun to droop, as if they were tired. Ryde did not notice the bard put everyone under a spell until he too started to become lethargic; he stifled a yawn. He was going to stop the bard, when he felt Esker's hand upon his shoulder and then suddenly the sleeve of the bard erupted in a small flame.
The fire had to come from Esker, and the disruption worked, for the bard had stopped singing and the drowsiness that Ryde had felt had disappeared. Ryde tried to grasp his left fist, it was finally healed, but it was a still numb. He shook his left hand and brought his right hand to his mouth, putting his thumb and index finger to his lips. Ryde emitted a loud ear piercing whistle that filled the air.

A lone roar emitted from outside the gates, and suddenly a huge leona appeared into view, A mixed breed of Lion and horse that was twice as big as a regular horse. Its gold furry mane shook violently as it galloped hurriedly towards Ryde. The leonas jaws hung open wildly as it raced through the gates, coming to a complete stop near Ryde's feet, graceful like a cat, majestic like a horse.
Arjax stood magnificently against the setting sun, its rays caught the beast in such a way that it seemed as if the Leona was aflame. Ryde smiled as he brought his face close to Arjax, petting and patting its mane, scratching behind its ears.
With a quick movement, Ryde was atop the ten foot long Leona,

"Esker and Brynn, ride with me, Nymph, I know you can keep up without a horse,"
Ryde paused as he looked towards the bard, almost unsure what he was going to tell him

"Bard, follow if you wish to join, if not, be gone from us, Ill not have another young mans blood on my hands today."

Ryde was all business at the moment, his group had just grown from 4 to 7, and there would be alot of questions back at the camp, especially from Brynn and the strange newcomers, the Nymph and if the bard comes, which Ryde had already guessed he would. He needed to show his level-headedness in the heat of the moment, like Esker sometimes looked to him for guidance, the whole group was now looking at him. Rydelus did not take this position lightly.

"Lets Go!" Rydelus roared as he turned in his saddle atop of Arjax, but as he turned, something reflective caught his eye, and before Ryde could do anything, it was coming straight for him. Instinct filled Ryde's body again, gathering white energy from around him. The arrow slammed directly into Ryde's neck. His hands instantly went to his throat as blood sprayed all over the ground and upon Arjax, mixing with his gold mane. Ryde's healing magic instantly went to his neck. Ryde's neck start to glow a dull white, crackling with white energy. He tore the arrow from his neck and sent himself into a shock, and fell from Arjax, hitting the ground with hard thud. As Ryde lied on the ground, the last images he saw was a figure resembling Archer disappearing into the city, Ryde could barely make out the words,
"Told you I wouldnt miss again" as the figure disappeared.
Ryde blacked out. Leaving his magic struggling to heal him.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Esker sat there. His body went cold and he could not move. The only thing that reminded him of this sort of feeling was when he stood before his brother, whimpering, knowing what had to be done. It was like being frozen in place by fear's icy cold embrace. Blood spatter covered him head to toe, but it was not his blood, nor an enemy’s blood, but it was the blood of the only man Esker had ever called friend.

He knew Ryde was old, he knew Ryde was at times headstrong, but to Esker (in the short time he had known Ryde), he was invincible. He was a leader, inspiring and valorous and now the near invincible general, the man who would lead Esker to his victory over the Arbiter, had an arrow protruding from his neck. Esker slowly turned to see where the arrow had come from. It was that man from the alleyway. The man that had missed Ryde and the elf woman by just a hair. He stood, still confident, still proud and with a smirk like he had conquered a nation, despite the burn scar so fresh over his right eye.

Esker's blood boiled and his heart raced. He could feel the adrenaline and the black mana flowing through his veins. He turned to look at the wounded Ryde, who now had foolishly torn the arrow from his neck. The old man tilted and fell from the leona on which they rode. He hit the ground and rolled, whisking up a thick cloud of dust. The leona came to a screeching halt, hurling both Esker and the elf woman over the leona's head and clear into the dirt. Esker tucked his chin as he hit the ground, landing on his shoulders and tumbling forward. The landing was by no means graceful, but Esker's neck was still intact and not nearly like Ryde's.

He stood up hastily and ran over to Ryde. He studied Ryde for a moment, glaring at the man as he lay there, silent and motionless. It was as if he were dead, but Esker could sense the white magic struggling to take control of the wound. It will not be enough, Esker thought. He had to do something; he could not let Ryde die here.

Esker had no healing magic. The only thing he could do was suppress pain, which was useless at this point. Esker could use the life energy of a person to heal himself, but he had never tried to transfer energy from one person to another. That sounded like blue magic. Frustration was beginning to take hold of him, he clenched his fists and held back an angry scream. Then it hit him. Like a small fire being lit in a dark swamp. The demon ritual; The ritual that binds two beings through blood; It was originally meant to for Zealots to enslave a demon, but slavery was not the intent here. The ritual would bind both souls together, allowing them to share life energy, sustaining Ryde through Esker. It would leave Esker very weak until Rydelus healed, but it would save his life.

Esker thought for a moment as he reached for the ritual dagger in his sash. This also meant that Ryde would see deep into Esker's soul, it would reveal his quest for vengeance and his brother's death. His pain, his memories would be Ryde's and Ryde's would be his.

Esker's instincts screamed at him to turn away. They howled like the undead back in the swamp, shambling in pain at the inevitable situation they had forced upon them. find another way a voice from inside him said. His hand was shaking with hesitation and anger. He had to do it. Ryde would do it for Esker without thinking.

Esker let out a loud scream as he wrenched the dagger from his sash. The scream was deep and demonic, like some massive creature was crying in pain. Esker held the dagger high over his head, the black mana flowing around him like a swirl of black smoke. His eyes glowed a demonic red, and a small tear of blood escaped his eye and ran down his face. The ground around him was slightly shaking and symbols of all sorts lit up on the cold dirt.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:26 pm

This is taking absolutely fucking forever
Back to top Go down
JOLE
Admin
JOLE

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:29 pm

OOC: chill out hawk. joey took all weekend to post. and you've done it also. so chill. ANYWAYS........

Brynn could not believe her eyes as her beloved Ryde fell from the mount. As she watched him fall through the air, she was suddenly jerked forward, towards the earth. She spun elegantly as she flew, landing gracefully in a crouched postition, both feet and one hand remain on the earth as she looked for the attacker. He stood proudly perched, almost hidden by the shadows. He was too far for her attack to be effective. She turned again towards Ryde, where the sorcerer was making his way, and just then, Ryde had pulled the arrow from his neck and began bleeding profusely.

Her eyes grew wide over the old mans stupidity, she could not believe that all in one day she would gain him back and lose him altogether. She thought back to his "first death". She remembered being just a kid, looking after nightfall through mounds of dead bodies, The smell of guagulated blood filled her her nostrils, and she was covered in it. As she remembered the night, the feeling of cold corpses sent a chill up her spine. She had turned over every body simply looking for that familiar face. Tears flowed from her young jade eyes as she did so. She thought of loss of not just her beloved father figure, but all the lives that had been lost. That night, was the first time she ever really experienced death, the sight of it, the smell of it, the touch, and the taste of it, and throughout all her searching, she never found him.

She shook away her memory and looked to the sorcerer, who was already kneeling over Ryde. His back was to her as he raised his fists and she saw what he was holding. Brynn then sprinted like a tigress towards him, and as she did, she pulled a dagger of her own and threw it into the middle of the demons forearm, hoping to make him drop his weapon.
Back to top Go down
RokkuNaito

RokkuNaito

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:29 am

Lysander saw all these events transpire in a blur; from fighting out of an alley to meeting this bard, then Rydelus gets shot off his mount. Archer stands above, looking down at his fruition of assault. Blood was upon the ground and the leona as well. It was a sight that shocked Lysander. "He can't die... if it really IS him, he's the legendary Rydelus my father spoke of... and he can't meet his end here just by some assassin...and now this cloaked man is about to drive a dagger into Rydelus to finish him off?!" The elven woman made a quick movement, took off for the man and sent one of her own weapons into his arm. With her taking down the immediate threat, Lysander looked at where Archer stood. He drew the Syu and readied to fight this assailant, preventing any further harm to his new comrades.
Back to top Go down
Aquamatt

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:21 pm

“Holy…..sh…” Was all Colin got out of his mouth as he was mounting up on his horse, he popped up just as Ryde was hit in the neck with the arrow, and then saw the commander fall to the ground off his stead. He looked up and saw the assailant and then he saw the man turn and run. Quickly he looked back down to Ryde and watched the mage’s hands start to glow and pull out a dagger as he leaned over Ryde, it happened so fast, as he saw the elven woman draw her own blade to protect the man who was dying on the ground, and he heard the nymph unsheathe his own blade.

Colin just sat on his horse, eyes wide open when suddenly he yelled….”Elf, don’t kill the mage! He is trying to save Rydelus….if he wanted to kill him…he would have done so by now” Colin knew a bit about magic himself, and from what he had seen so far, so did some of the party. Especially this young man, he definitely wielded the evil side of magic, but Colin could tell that was not his intention at the moment. He was not going to get in the way of anyone in this case, it was not his fight to get into, plus he needed to account for the story and what was about to happen.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:34 pm

The demonic energy flowed through him; surges of black mana channeling its way to his ritual dagger. The demonic embrace was a power all Zealots had; it was what put them above other mages, what separated Esker from your average warlock. Slowly the embrace began to take control. It was reaching up, attempting to consume Esker's soul; it was like he was losing control of himself. He could feel Daeden off in the distance and he knew the demon felt him.

Without warning a large dagger tore through Esker's forearm. It made a clean cut and went clear through his muscle and bone. More blood spattered the ground as it dripped down his arm to mix with Ryde's slowly growing crimson puddle that Esker found himself kneeling in. Despite the sudden impact he did not waiver. He lowered his weapon from the air and placed it on the ground in front of him.

His eyes were glowing a deeper red, and his face was emotionless, like some kind of otherworldly being was controlling him. He slowly turned to face the elf woman who was rushing him, her eyes filled with strife. With a calm motion of his hand a wall of fire erupted between he and the girl. The fire burned a demonic green color, with heat that radiated like the sun. He could see the girl through the fire and as he stared for that brief moment he malevolently smiled at her and slowly pulled the dagger from his forearm. Blood streamed from his arm spewing more and more as his gaping wound was opened little by little. Once the dagger was clear of his arm he held it high and lightly let it fall to the ground.

Esker then returned to Ryde, only to see his veins turning black. The demonic embrace was settling and soon would completely consume Ryde. If Ryde were to completely be consumed then he would surely become a demon himself. Esker picked up his jagged ritual dagger once more and in a swift motion drove it into Ryde's hip. Esker's body jumped, like being struck by a lightning bolt, as he and Ryde's souls violently collided. The two clashed as one became the other. Esker let out a loud roar that seemed inhuman. It was a cry of agony as he and Ryde's memories mixed, intertwining and reassembling themselves. He could see a large group of mercenaries being slaughtered. One by one they fell in a bloody massacre. He felt as though he knew them, like each one was his brother, being slaughtered before him. Then a he saw a small elf girl alone and struggling to survive. Her emerald eyes starring innocently at him. She looked so helpless and for some reason Esker felt inclined to help her. It was like she was miles from her home, as though she had escaped a life of confinement and secrecy. Then suddenly and violently she was ripped from his sight and Esker called out to her Brynn he said, not knowing why he called out the girl's name. His heart ached, and it was like his very soul scarred from the loss.

The next image that came was Ethyl. This was a scene that frequented his dreams and made his heart stop every time. The zealots surrounded him, in their dark cloaks and malicious smiles. we do what we must to survive they whispered the weak shall perish and the strong shall prosper they continued. Esker's hands shook. Ethyl's face was filled with tears. Fear riddled his brother's face as the Zealots screamed around them DO IT! OR YOU BOTH SHALL PERISH! THE WEAK MUST DIE!

Ethyl drew his sword and the smiles returned to the faces of the Zealots. He walked slowly to Esker, lifting his sword as he did so. Esker raised his arms and said his incantation. Ethyl's body caught flame and the young boy fell to his knees. He screamed in agony for a moment as the flames charred his body beyond a healer's touch. As they settled, Ethyl's screams died down and all that could be heard in the hall was Esker's crying. He wept as he walked to his brother kneeling before him. He could see Ethyl's green eyes staring at him. They looked defeated, as though they had given up on everything. They looked as though they were in pain and had accepted their fate. He stared deep into Esker's eyes, a small tear rolling down his blackened face. Esker hugged his brother and held him close. Slowly and with all the energy he could muster Ethyl whispered "make... them... pay..."
Become strong young adept. Slay your foe and embrace your strength. Esker's tears were hysterical as he pulled his short sword from his belt and drove into his brother's chest. Ethyl moaned as his last breath escaped his lips. His charred body fell limp onto Esker's who caught him and held him there in his arms.

Esker's eyes opened and he gasped. He was back in the field and Ryde was before him. Ryde's bleeding had stopped and he looked as though he was ok. Esker's wound had also stopped bleeding. He stood slowly, the demonic energy had left them; it had left the field. The green fire had settled and the only thing that swirled around them was a cool sea breeze as it danced in the dusky sky.

Slowly he stood, using much more effort than he had expected. The ritual left him severely fatigued and he could feel it, but Ryde had been bought some time. He would definitely need healing to recover, but he stood a much higher chance at walking away from this. He wrapped his forearm in his cloak and turned to the two elves and the singer man.

"We have to get to camp. Ryde will need healing, but he will live." he said softly, his fatigue heavy on his breath.

"You" he pointed to the tall dark elf "Carry Ryde." he looked to the elf woman. Her eyes matched exactly the girl he saw during the ritual. "Brynn..." he said somewhat hesitantly "I cannot ride the Leona. You will have to ride it with me and I will lead us to camp."

He then hobbled over to Arjax and with a slight groan climbed onto the beast.
Back to top Go down
JOLE
Admin
JOLE

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Brynn watched the scrawny sorcerer infront of her pull the dagger from his arm. His blood mixed with Ryde's, as she haulted from her sprint. She watched on as something big was about to happen. Brynn knew she could stop him, but something held her back. To her, the situation was fragile, she did not want to be to rash with her actions as she had when she presented herself in the alley not but a few hours before. She could feel the darkness before her and watched the cloaked man with waiting eyes.

It was obvious he had some sense of loyalty to Ryde and it was not her duty to stop what was formulating infront of her. Her jade eyes were filled with frustration. She simply wanted to know what he was doing, but her knowledge of his devil sorcery was very limited. Every sorcerer she had encountered were to slow in comparison and never had long enough to show her their real abilities.

Rydes body then twitched unexpectedly and a loud scream erupted from the sorcerer almost instantly. She was unaware of the extent of what had formulated, but there was an obvious connection between the men.
When he was done with his devilish deed, the cloaked man gazed directly at her with his eyes blacker than night. They seemed to consume her, as is they were nothing but empty space, like an abyss she could get lost in. "Brynn..." he sounded calm but careful, "I cannot ride the Leona. You will have to ride it with me and I will lead us to camp."

Brynn shook away his glance. "What did you do?" She demanded. "I will ride the Leona with you, but on the way you will tell me everything." Her expression was stern, she would not take no for an answer.

She then looked to the elven man and looked to the ground. "...Please.." the word seemed to cut at her, "take care of him." She looked up to him again. She was still stern, but something in her eyes was soft. She did not like pleading. She turned to the Leona and before climbing on its back she spoke again, "Or else I will slit your throat while you sleep."
Back to top Go down
RokkuNaito

RokkuNaito

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:53 pm

As Archer fled, Lysander couldn't believe everything that just took place. What seemed like strangers at first, the sorcerer Esker now seemingly knew who the elven woman Brynn was. What he could deduce was that the dagger stab was some sort of dark ritual; he knew not all of the effects but the immediate one that was made known was it healed Rydelus to a degree. Esker seemed taxed, confused and shocked. Brynn looked at Lysander, then glanced at the ground while asking in a soft and assertive voice "...please..take care of him." Lysander needn't heard anymore and nodded affirmatively at her. Walking over to Rydelus, he saw his wound stopped bleeding and his breathing was returning to a normal pace. Lysander knelt down and hoisted him onto his back. "Do these people all know one another? Am I the only one who stands as an outsider here? I don't even know where to start looking for Alexia. Personally if it were up to me, I wouldn't mind taking point and helping; however, that is not the case so I'll let them lead." Lysander looked to Brynn and calmly spoke, "You have point on where to take us next."
Back to top Go down
Aquamatt

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Colin rode up closer to the group, and nodded as if happy that everything was understandable, and that they needed to get going. “Nice save …Warlock.” He glanced at Esker as if not sure if he could trust him, check that..he knew he couldn’t trust him, but he gave him a wink anyways, he also knew if he kept with this group, it would definitely be some adventure.

And with the type of magic Esker was throwing around they were bound to get into more trouble. He had heard most stories from around the world, and he had heard of the power he just saw Esker wield. He looked to all of them once more..Ryde, the fallen leader, was now on the mend and being held by the large…Nymph? Who seemed to by some type of elf, but not like the elf who ordered him to take care of Ryde, maybe he was her slave?

As for the little magic man, he was evil, but there was something about him, especially what he just did that made Colin think twice about him. “We should be going; they will all be waking up just about now since the music has stopped.”
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:08 am

Rydelus had never felt so much agony or suffering in his entire life. And it wasnt even his. It was Esker's. The horrifying images passed through his mind as if he was present during them, as if he was one of the cloaked Zealots surrounding Esker. Ryde had lost loved ones, but he never had to kill his loved ones. Ryde tried with all his might to rid himself of these horrid images, but to no avail, the images scarred his mind. They would never go away now. But as soon as it came, it was gone, the images, the sounds, Everything. Everything was Black. Just Black.

The last thing Rydelus remembered was an intense piercing pain in his throat, and then hitting the ground. For some reason, Ryde couldnt open his eyes, or move his body. But he could think, which was odd, for he had been in similar situations before. Ryde had instinctly put himself in the meditative state of Mushin. The preists of Feldspar had taught him such a technique years ago, its a Zen expression meaning the mind without mind and is also referred to as the state of "no-mindness". That is, a mind not fixed or occupied by thought or emotion and thus open to everything. Rydelus would usually meditate into the Mushin state before going into battle, for maximum involvement and immersion in the task ahead. There is an absence of discursive thought and judgment, so the person is totally free to act and react towards an opponent without hesitation and without disturbance from such thoughts. Ryde was in such a state at the moment, completely unaware of those around him, and their feelings and actions. Ryde was in a different world, so to speak. To Ryde one second in his meditative state could be an actual second, or actual days. Ryde could be in meditation for weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KOTR EP. 2
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next