New KOTR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the new knights of the round RP forum. Here we will begin writing the tale of the knights of the round.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Geography of Silica

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Choco
Admin
Choco

Geography of Silica Empty
PostSubject: Geography of Silica   Geography of Silica I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:15 am

It is my intention to have a mapped out region (Silica) that all of us will be able to navigate. Knowing the geography of Silica will help substantially when creating the setting of our epic stories. Here we can post how the land is layed out, and where different cultures reside relative to the other people of Silica.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Geography of Silica   Geography of Silica I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:03 pm

So far i am absolutely certain that the main human city will be a part of the Arkose kingdom (named by Hawk(gilgamesh)) which will be ruled by a conquerer king, i want to name him King Cason Arkose, to go along with the theme of his kingdom. This city is on a the only landbridge that connects Silica to the rest of Turast, which makes it a major trade city as well as a very strategic military postition.

Becasue of this the city's (Gilgamesh i think i'll let you name it) location it will have a strong military presence. Also it is surrounded by water on two sides so fishing is huge here (hence where my character will probably reside).

As you travel west you will come across large amounts of country side, filled with small towns, military outposts, open fields and of course lots and lots of farmland. if you continue west you will hit the forest, which is massive! elves live here and they dont take kindly to outsiders, and due to the terrain the Arkosian military hasn't been able to move in without major losses to the elves. Perhaps Rydelus has been here and battled the elves?
Back to top Go down
https://newkotr.rpg-board.net
Sovietcake

Sovietcake

PostSubject: Kings son.   Geography of Silica I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:19 am

King Cason Arkose has a son, Prince Archer Arkose, he has his own small caste somewhere in Silica. Possibly in an area where mountains start to die down and turn into desert, like the back of the castle maybe built into the mountain but the front gate enters into the desert. The prince is spoiled and power hungry, plotting against his own father to own day kill him. He is trying to raise his own army to over throw his fathers great empire. Alas currently his army consists of bandits, slaves, and some mercenaries. None of which could hold there own against a real trained force.
He will be my character's (whose name i have yet to come up with) main conflict and who my character has an undieing hatred for burning deep in his heart.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: Geography of Silica   Geography of Silica I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:49 am

this is a great idea, but it sounds like it would take place to the east of the trade city, in mainland Turast, most likely to the south where the desert merges with Arkose territory. The desert is yet another place that the mighty arkose kingdom has yet to conquer due to its hardy people and rough terrain, so it would make sense that Archer would have a military outpost there.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: Geography of Silica   Geography of Silica I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:49 am

Dylan I like this idea but it will be hard to pull offl. I lead the army of arkose, which is a very formidable force to be reckon ed with. No army the prince can raise will topple my army. I lead the kings force personally
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: Geography of Silica   Geography of Silica I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:28 pm

haha this is true. Ryde is by far a better tactitcian than Archer, and will most likely make a fool of the young angry prince. Not to mention i don't want the king to be necessarily evil, yes he does want to expand his rule, but he is not without kindness to his people. Though this does allow room for warlords who abuse the military power they have been given and to outsiders it will seem as though the arkose kingdom is a huge war machine.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: Geography of Silica   Geography of Silica I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Think of the Army of Arkose like the Spartans. Except instaed of just 300, i have 10,000 at my disposal. the only way to beat us is vastly superior numbers, even though Ryde has conquered an army ten times the Army of Arkose
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: Geography of Silica   Geography of Silica I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:23 pm

but what if the defending forces have advantage of trerrain? the arkose are not unstoppable, else the world would be dominated completely by them. The Shratta manage to resist, as do the wood elves and the desert people.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: Geography of Silica   Geography of Silica I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:00 am

You're. Right. I meant on even terrian we are unmatched. I did not mean for the Arkose army to soound invincible. As matter of fact I foresee the AoA being defeated in the near future. Just aa story I have brainstorming.
Back to top Go down
RokkuNaito

RokkuNaito

PostSubject: Re: Geography of Silica   Geography of Silica I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:42 am

Let's say the AoA is a growing powerhouse-a dominant force that has massive numbers and while unstoppable in a straight fight, taking down sectional commandeering leaders one by one can scatter and weaken them to such, along with hit and run sabotages of major supply units(Possibly a quest list later on; take down the general of each division?)
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: Geography of Silica   Geography of Silica I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:37 pm

that and a big angry demon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geography of Silica   Geography of Silica I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geography of Silica
Page 1 of 1