New KOTR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the new knights of the round RP forum. Here we will begin writing the tale of the knights of the round.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Choco
Admin
Choco

THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! Empty
PostSubject: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:14 pm

here is the map. discuss.
THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! Silica10
it still needs work, but this is what i have so far. better one coming soon!
Back to top Go down
Sovietcake

Sovietcake

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:03 am

"it only took me 2o minutes to make in paint"
this took 20 minutes joey..... XD
il work on something better in a map editor...and post it
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:16 am

well now people kinda know where shit is
Back to top Go down
RokkuNaito

RokkuNaito

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 3:08 am

I'll sketch a map and scan it if everyone wishes
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 3:34 am

The city of Feldspar should be in the mountains and the arkose countryside should be called the Shale countryside. Just adding stuff. Ya know. Great starter map for the peeps tho
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:08 pm

I like this, but do you want Feldspar to be in the mountains on the silica side? or on the Mainland side? There is going to be a lot of barbaric clans that live in the mountains on the silica side, so i think feldspar should be in the white mountains.

to richard: sure if you want. it would be great, but we need to have a little more clarity as to where stuff is. Dyllan is working on a map using the starcraft map editor, and it looks pretty goot.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:36 pm

ok that sounds good, but the theme of rock names defines Silica not turast, don ya think feldspar would sound outta place in turast, if so, maybe Feldspar could go into a part of the forest the elves have not taken over, or feldsapr could take the foot of the mountains in silica
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 3:15 pm

it could, but feldspar would be under constant attack from the barbarians in the mountains. and the elves control pretty much the entire forest. Arkose lumber comes from The mainland side, since putting workers in the forest would be too dangerous as the elves would likely kill them.

What would be a good name for the swamp? i was gonna call it Mak'shana.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 3:44 pm

Well I was gonna say Feldspar would be the magic capitol in Silica, so they would have a natural defense against the barbarians cuz barbarians fear magic. They have no defense against it
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 3:54 pm

yeah not really, haha ok. that works. put an academy of mages there. Also the swamp has a floating castle where a ton of demonic mages pracitice their dark arts. Since i realized our group lacks magic, i was gonna take the mantle of mage for us by making a char who comes from the floating castle which i am calling the Castle of Alter.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:03 pm

Make em priests at feldspar, and barbarians do get destroyed by magic so yeah rly, so your gonna be a demonic mage aligned good?
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:07 pm

yup, and i get a demon pet! my demon partner is gonna be a huge (10' tall) red demon resembling that of diablo or something along that line.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:15 pm

Ok nice can't wait for the the char applicarion. Back to topic at hand. Beaches should surround all of silica, or clifffs at least I just. Want this map to as geologically accurate as possible. And below the mountains and left of Shale countryside should be plains.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:28 pm

yeah i assumed that the majority of the shale countryside was going to be plains, farms and small towns. i only emphasized the southern beaches becasue it is populated by viashino tribes. The tribes typically stay to themselves, but they dont take kindly to Arkose, or anyone for that matter marching through their settlements.

But i agree there should be beaches all the way around silica, cliffs would most likely be at the north coast.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Oh oh what if we make the southern part cliffs and all else beaches. Put the viashno in the cliffs wouldbe kinda bad ass. Put beaches near the north and west parts. Black sand near the swamps. Green sand in the north. Felsdspar is green . Siltstone is balck sand.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:47 pm

THATS FUCKING EPIC! the viashino can climb on the cliffs and have settlements built into the cliffside. That would be sweet.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Ok good. The shale countryside is quite huge. Maybe too big. dylan does know of all our modifacations so far. Maybe make everything bigger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!   THE SILICA/TURAST MAP! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE SILICA/TURAST MAP!
Page 1 of 1